Are you looking for something to make your fall menu complete? Look no further. This pumpkin corn bread is easy to make and will be a surprise for your guest with a twist on regular cornbread. We love having it with our pumpkin chili, because at our house, you can’t ever have too much pumpkin.
Using the pumpkin helps it to not be dry because if you’re anything like me, dry corn bread is…bleh. It is dense and has little air pockets throughout so it soaks up all of that cinnamon honey butter.
Here’s the recipe friends! Enjoy.
- 1/2 C. cornmeal
- 1 1/2 C. flour
- 2/3 C. sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 C. pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 3 tablespoons butter; melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 C. milk
Honey Butter Ingredients
- Stick softened salted butter
- 1/4 C. honey
- 1/4 C. Marshmallow fluff
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Spray 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray.
This recipe easily doubles for a 9×13 pan
- Mix together in large bowl, dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the center and add in butter, eggs and milk.
- Mix thoroughly but do not over mix. Batter will be runny.
- Bake 350 for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick in center come out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes before cutting.
Directions for Honey Butter
- In a mixing bowl or a stand mixer, mix together all ingredients in a bowl until smooth.