On Halloween we usually love a big bowl of warm chili. Especially here in Utah because it is usually cold on Halloween night. We have changed things up around here for the past couple of years and have made PUMPKIN CHILI instead, and let me tell you it is AMAZING.
This pumpkin chili is extra hearty with an earthy undertone and sweetness that takes it to a whole new level. Even if you don’t like pumpkin, I bet you will like this chili. Most people can’t even tell there is pumpkin in it. My brother-in-law Ray doesn’t even like chili and he came over the other day and ate three bowls of it.
The great thing about a big pot of chili is that it can feed a crowd, just what you need on a busy Halloween night. I can’t wait to have it tomorrow night with a side of pumpkin corn bread. Yes…pumpkin cornbread…with honey cinnamon butter. It will knock your socks off. Go to my post on the cornbread HERE.
- 3- lbs ground beef
- 1- medium onion-chopped1-can white chili beans
- 2-cans of hot chili beans
- 1- 15 oz can pumpkin
- 2- bottles chili sauce (found near ketchup)
- 2-cans tomato soup (undiluted)
- 2 teaspoon. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Green onion
- In large pot, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, add water if desired to reduce thickness.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour.
- Serve and top with your favorite toppings. Sour cream, cheese, etc.